BetterBeerScores.com...still in business???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microbusbrewery

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Better Beer Scores is still in business? Their site is still up but they haven't listed any new courses for a long time. I tried signing up for their email list a while back, but something was wrong with their captcha certificate so it just erred out. I emailed them months ago asking about courses but have never heard back.

I decided it was time to get BJCP certified. Some guys in my club took some of their courses a couple years ago and said they were very helpful, so I'd really like to do the same.

http://www.betterbeerscores.com

Doesn't look like it. Looks like they do not have any webinars scheduled or even planned, and they did have at least 12 per year. Their latest Facebook page entry was August 2014.

Well that sucks. I know I can study on my own, but the guys in my club said they really enjoyed jumping on the webinars and discussing the beers.

For anybody still wondering, I checked their site today to see if there have been any updates. The following message is posted:

Better Beer Scores Has Closed Its Doors for The Indefinite Future

Thank You to All of Our Students, Alumni, and Supporters

It's with mixed emotions that we announce that Better Beer Scores will be on an indefinite hiatus for, as the very least, the remainder of 2016.*We thank all of our students, alumni and supporters for their patronage over the past six and a half years. Keep an eye out for us in 2017!

Our website and alumni access to past recorded sessions have been taken offline as of August 8, 2016.

It's our sincerest hope that our little niche of beer education has helped each and every one of our students realize their goals of becoming BJCP-certified beer judges.

Our doors are closing for now, but others are opening - we are very excited to announce that Charlie has become a professional brewer! He is now co-owner and brewmaster for*Bruz Beers*in Denver, Colorado. If you're in Denver for any reason, be sure to stop in at Bruz to have a delicious, meticulously made Belgian style beer and say hello!

Thanks for a great run and we hope to see you down the road!

Cheers,

Charlie Gottenkieny and Geoff Humphrey

Back