Better Bottle Big Blow PET Closure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epateddy

Reaction score
I've had a couple of clogs recently using the orange carboy cap on my better bottle and whatever size tubing fits on the spout. Recently purchased the Big Blow PET closure to hopefully avoid this in the future.

Wasn't sure what size tubing would fit into the opening, so I took a trip to Lowe's to try out the different sizes. (Wouldn't buy the tubing there b/c I don't think it is food grade.) What seemed to work (with some coaxing) was 1" OD 3/4" ID. Of course my LHBS does not have this and I'm having a hard time finding it online. Have I got my sizes wrong?

Lowes here has some food grade stuff you just gotta check the spool its on. I got most all my tubing there.

Its in a certain section but there is pvc for hot/cold water lines that is suitable to carry drinking water I believe. At my lowes it was near the copper piping. Ya know I have one of these and just grabbed regular pvc did not even think about the whole food grade thing.

Latest posts

Back