Best way to mount Ebrewing panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redarmy990

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So have just about all my parts and i am assembling the kettles,elements etc, just wondering how you all have mounted your Epanels.

These things are heavy, was hoping to use some kind of TV Wall mount, Didnt want to mount plywood on wall then panel to that, but that may be the only option

I have the EBrewsupply 30amp panel,

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated oh special ones.

Yes a TV mount is the way to go. They can handle the weight and you can take the panel down very easily. I got lucky as my panel already had the mounting holes drilled.

"Best" is a relative word. Best is what works best for you.

Some use a TV swivel mount. Some mount to the kettle table. Some use a rolling stand to hold the electric brew panel.

There is no 1 right or best way. Proper guidance is a sturdy mount were the brew panel is firmly mounted. As already noted the brew panel is heavy.

There is a bracket on the back of mine. On my garage wall I have 1/2" plywood over the drywall. I sank the screws for one side of the bracket through the plywood and into the stud behind it. The other side I screwed just to the plywood.

If you have a block or concrete wall, you could mount a plywood or 2x4 or similar backer and screw to that, or the tv mount could work too.

There is a bracket on the back of mine. On my garage wall I have 1/2" plywood over the drywall. I sank the screws for one side of the bracket through the plywood and into the stud behind it. The other side I screwed just to the plywood.

If you have a block or concrete wall, you could mount a plywood or 2x4 or similar backer and screw to that, or the tv mount could work too.

My wall is dry wall with metal studs, i am thinking the plywood is probably best way to go.

My wall is dry wall with metal studs, i am thinking the plywood is probably best way to go.

Here's what mine looks like. My thinking was that the plywood would add structural stability.

panelislive.jpg

I am one of the rolling stand crowd. I fabricated one out of stainless steel and put casters on it. My system is portable and I brew on my back lanai, so I roll it out there on brew day. You can mount a bracket on the plywood and that would work with your metal studs. Good luck!

John

Latest posts

Back