Best use/recipe for Azacca and Comet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bstacy1974

Reaction score
I'm brewing later today with Azacca and Comet.
Right now I'm thinking of an IPA recipe with 2 row ~80%, ~8% Munich, ~4% Victory, and ~4% Carapils.
Chinook to bitter.
Cascade at 10 min
Then several ounces of Azacca and Comet for flame out and whirlpool additions.

Am I on the right path?

No brewing today. Too much going on. Defiantly tomorrow. Off work. Have to take advantage.

I've used both the US grown Comet hops and the German grown Comet hops and I like both. US Comet is dank, grassy, lots of grapefruit rind and peel, really great. The Germa grown is more mild: floral, grapefruit juice and rind, but not as intense. The German one I started using in lots of beers and it is great. Extremely good in many styles. I think you should go on and brew that. It will turn out very well.

I used the schedule below. One way or another, it will be beer.

1.00 oz Chinook - First Wort
1.00 oz Cascade - Boil 10 min
1.00 oz Comet - Boil 5 min
1.00 oz Azacca - Boil 5 min
2.00 oz Azacca - Steep 30 min, 160F
2.00 oz Comet - Steep 30 min, 160F
1.50 oz Azacca - Dry Hop 7 days
1.50 oz Comet - Dry Hop 7 days

I used the schedule below. One way or another, it will be beer.

1.00 oz Chinook - First Wort
1.00 oz Cascade - Boil 10 min
1.00 oz Comet - Boil 5 min
1.00 oz Azacca - Boil 5 min
2.00 oz Azacca - Steep 30 min, 160F
2.00 oz Comet - Steep 30 min, 160F
1.50 oz Azacca - Dry Hop 7 days
1.50 oz Comet - Dry Hop 7 days

I like that!
I recently got a hold of some Comet Hop Hash and used it and pellet Comet in a hoppy pale ale. I bittered with 2 ml of a hopshot then hit it with 7 oz of Comet between 10 and a 20 minute whirlpool then used 2 oz of comet hop hash and 1 of comet pellet as a dry hop for 5 days.
It came out very good though it took about 2 weeks in the keg to mellow a bit. I like dank and to me, mine is only about 50% dank. I don't get too much grapefruit but more floral. It's an easy drinker that I think will improve over the next few weeks even more.

Latest posts

Back