Best smoker for smoking grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcclai7

Reaction score
I'm about to move into a house instead of my tiny apartment and am excited about several things but the one I've got my mind on right now is getting a smoker. The reason I post on this forum about this is I primarily plan to use it for smoking grain. I plan to experiment with many different types of wood in the hopes of creating some truly unique flavor combinations. I know some of the smokers available use wood pellets, which I'm sure is convenient, but that really doesn't work for my purposes. Also, I would need to smoke a minimum of 10# of grain but would like to be able to go as high as 30 if need be. Finally, I'm willing to spend a bit of money but I certainly don't need super high end stuff with all the bells and whistles, just something reliable and effective.

Any suggestions?

Smokenator type smoke generator works wonders. Then you can use any type of storage device (file cabinet or other old appliance or any smoker that you already have, heck even a cardboard box will work well). Use multiple screens and plan on rotating them around during the smoking time.

Latest posts

Back