Best scale for Homebrewing....Any Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madkap_78

Reaction score
I need to buy a scale for measuring small quantities of hops or salt additions. I've looked at a bunch of scales online but am not sure which one to get.I don't really need it for large amounts more for smaller weights. I need one that can at least measure 1/2 and 1/4 grams. Any suggestions? What type of scales are you guys using that are working great for you? Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes like above lots of models like that around for hops but this is important 0.01g you need to measure at least 1/2 gram so 2 decimals is great, the only issue with some of these their so small you cant read the display very well with a large bowl so i use paper or plastic cups

The white-on-blue display on that unit is actually excellent wrt readability.
Otoh, the buttons have their function molded into them but the chrome bling makes them tough on my old eyes ;)

I don't use the little guy for anything but minerals and the like as it is pretty small.
Hops and grains use the big dude. It's quite accurate for those and the remote display makes it easy to use with hop bowls to grain buckets...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back