best online source for bulk grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Nyholm

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good online source for bulk grain purchasing? I tried northern brewer and it will cost about $30 to ship a sack of grain to me. While their price with shipping is a little cheaper than my lhbs, I was hoping to find a better source. I am looking to pick up 2 sacks only and there are no local grain group buys around me :( I did a group buy previously and I guess I got spoiled by the low price! 35 for 2 row and 55 for Maris otter!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, shipping will be a killer unless you can do a group grain buy, where you can get shipping down to ~$7 a sack. One option is to start your own group buy, but it is a hassle and will take up a fair amount of time, and you will need space to store grain. Another option is to contact a local brewery and see if they will help you out. Or you can talk to your LHBS and try to work out a better deal...some of them are willing to work with good customers and most will cut a discount to AHA or local homebrew club members. Best of luck!

online is tough the shipping kills you I was hoping when More Beer open a warehouse in Pa it would help us folks on the east coast but they charge the same price the would charge for shipping from Cali

I am upstate outside of Albany I bought 6 bags from a group buy in Buffalo and it was cheaper for them buying online

so I would look for a group buy, some times a local HBS will have a bulk buy sale

one here just had a advanced order sale on base malt for 40 dollars a 50 lbs bag for US two row so I bought a couple of bags I did not really need them but I will soon enough

I believe there is a shop in the city that sells US 2 row for about cost to get you into buy other things and also I think their is someone out on the island closer to you who does about the same thing

good luck

S_M

One thing you can try that will help cut down the costs a little is to order grain in 10lb increments from MoreBeer. You get a break in pricing and you still get free shipping.

One thing you can try that will help cut down the costs a little is to order grain in 10lb increments from MoreBeer. You get a break in pricing and you still get free shipping.

+1; I do this with specialty grains. When I get low, I do a bulk order. For 2-row you are looking at ~$55 for 50 pounds, with the free shipping option. Not bad at all!

Latest posts

Back