Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, point being, if the uranium existed shortly after the universe happened, wouldn't that be the beginning of its life?
As opposed to when someone stumbled on a deposit within human existence?
I reckon "half life" is indeed an arbitrary time frame term...
Only Hydrogen/Helium/Lithium existed after the bigbang. Uranium is created in small quantities in Super Nova. The Uranium on planet earth was very likely formed about 5 billion years ago after a SN helped spawn our solar system. There's 3 types of radiation also; Alpha, Bata, gamma rays which play a part in the decay calculations. That's It..it all I know..

Only Hydrogen/Helium/Lithium existed after the bigbang. Uranium is created in small quantities in Super Nova. The Uranium on planet earth was very likely formed about 5 billion years ago after a SN helped spawn our solar system. There's 3 types of radiation also; Alpha, Bata, gamma rays which play a part in the decay calculations. That's It..it all I know..
Quite a trick for a 5,000 year old planet.

I remember being at the Grand Canyon and overhearing a tour guide talk about the erosion over millions of years that created the canyon, and then finished with a very clumsy "If you believe that kind of thing..it's also possible that's not what happened at all..." sort of thing. (I assume that came from his own personal desire to be PC and that it wasn't park policy.)

I thought this was interesting.

media1.jpg

When I was 15 we drove cross country and stopped for several days in Yellowstone. One morning there was a bison napping damn near on the front steps of the cabin we were in. We stayed inside until it decided to leave.

I’ve seen people get with 3-5 feet and snap a flash photo of a bison. Had to shake my head at the lack of common sense. I’ve heard stories like they mentioned in the article about people trying to put their kids on a bisons back for a photo op.

Sydney, Australia.....not Flordia level but not bad. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...140-million-drug-bust-in-sydney-idUSKCN1UI099

'Machete' to the rescue: Actor Danny Trejo helps save child trapped in overturned car

let's say you're in a car accident, your car overturns and you're trapped. the first face you see when you regain your senses is actor Danny Trejo. I certainly would be thankful someone is there to help, appreciate the help, thank gods for someone just being there

but I can be grateful and simultaneously soil my skivvies

"Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else. Everything"

here's hoping even more good happens to you, Mr. Trejo.

'Machete' to the rescue: Actor Danny Trejo helps save child trapped in overturned car

let's say you're in a car accident, your car overturns and you're trapped. the first face you see when you regain your senses is actor Danny Trejo. I certainly would be thankful someone is there to help, appreciate the help, thank gods for someone just being there

"Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else. Everything"

Love that guy! And I think he is in EVERY movie...

Less scary when you realize he's 5'5" 160lb

Back