Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1701708833325.gif

Happy National Cookie Day!
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Food/nat...ad-cookies-eggnog-frosting/story?id=105246170

I'll need help with this one, @smurfjuicebrew , @Dland , @day_trippr
I can't figure out the Masstoberfest humorous tie in.

Ah, I get it now. Must be folks who are used to :goat: here on HBT and they're posting somewhere else now....
"The three reports of the fake goats were submitted last month to Boston 311, a service to report problems like overflowing trash, graffiti, or damaged street signs to the city. In the searchable 311 database, one Bostonian appears to be trolling city workers with images of goats in the “rodent activity” category."

I'll need help with this one, @smurfjuicebrew , @Dland , @day_trippr
I can't figure out the Masstoberfest humorous tie in.

Ah, I get it now. Must be folks who are used to :goat: here on HBT and they're posting somewhere else now....
"The three reports of the fake goats were submitted last month to Boston 311, a service to report problems like overflowing trash, graffiti, or damaged street signs to the city. In the searchable 311 database, one Bostonian appears to be trolling city workers with images of goats in the “rodent activity” category."

Can't help you on this one: 3 reasons; [;

1. Last time I was in that town was for a medical procedure, about a decade ago, still alive, so maybe they did OK.

2. Time before that I went to buy a truck, probably around 2006, the seller did not have title, so I had to scurry across some temp walkways over a construction site w a large amount of funds and my friend's repair plate. I scared the isht out of some poor woman as I ran past her trying to get the to the bus station on time for last buss to cape, 5 minutes later I would have been stranded. Not an expert on Boston bus stations, but I don't think it is easy to find accommodations near there. As it is, I had to get an expensive cheep hotel room in Falmouth and had to go out searching for food and beer.

3. Time before that, near the end of the '90's, I was driving back from camping at my uncle's farm in VT with my new gal and her toddler kid. Traffic was bad by the time we hit the state boarder. She somehow convinced me to try to go though town, I knew better, was going to take 495, but I guess I was trying to show confidence in her decisions. This was during the BIG Dig, the two level road was still being used, and backed up of course. Kid was singing off key on the bench seat between me and her, and the oil pressure was dropping and I was starting to hear a lower engine knock in truck's 6.2 diesel. Made it home but not w/o stress. Ended up replacing the motor on that truck, but I did thank it for not letting go on the road, especially in that city.

So yeah, Boston is on its own as far as I'm concerned, goat wise and in most other aspects also.

There are about 60 goats maintaining scrub brush in nearby conservation land much of the time, have not been temped to harvest, as we have plenty better to eat.

I apologize for the ramble, but you did, @balrog, envoke me.

Last edited:
Gonna have to run some multivariate analyses on population, number of "pockets" of varying densities, amount of "remoteness", etc.

1703858066933.png

------------
OK. Firstly, apparently the initial reaction is to jump on the SkyNet, robot uprising, bandwagon.

But I gotta say, that's one embarrassed software engineer who cannot even edit their own dang program without it figuratively, and literally, biting them in the nostril. And I'm pretty sure we've all done it.

View attachment 837674

------------
OK. Firstly, apparently the initial reaction is to jump on the SkyNet, robot uprising, bandwagon.

But I gotta say, that's one embarrassed software engineer who cannot even edit their own dang program without it figuratively, and literally, biting them in the nostril. And I'm pretty sure we've all done it.
So, the employee who didn’t require time off from work….

Was that the programmer or the robot?

Latest posts

Back