Best food to go with your home brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawaiianBrew

Reaction score
One of my favorite brews is a Honey Ale. It goes great with wings, both spice hot wings or sweet honey or brown sugar wings. Trying to find a perfect pairing to go with a IPA.
So what type of food is best paired with your brew? :mug:

Surprisingly enough I just discovered that a QT grilled chicken salad (bought at 1 am) is surprisingly fresh and pairs perfectly with my pale ale that turned out to be more like an IPA.

Even a fatty like me can appreciate a decent salad and after a 10 hour shift at a job you hate, a good pairing with your home brew can make your day.

Cooper's English Bitter goes well with my pit bbq. Even make a mop sauce with it. I'll be brewing a dark smoky lager in a couple days here that will be tried with some pit bbq'd meat on my b-day if it's ready soon enough. We'll have to see how the WL029 yeast works out.

@abg-Especially dark amber to brown ones! But the PM cascade pale ale from midwest went well with turkey with all the herbs & such. APA/IPA's seem to go well with any food that has herbs & garlic on/in them.

Back