Best Damn Home Brew Shop, San Diego, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outside92129

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the downtown San Diego area so i popped on over to a new LHBS shop that opened up late 2011. The "Best Damn Home Brew Shop" is located within the "Super Jr Market", just as you enter it'll be on your left. They mainly sell grains/extract/yeast/hops and have prices better than most other SD shops, the entire "shop" is maybe a couple of hundred feet so they don't have any significant equipment for sale. They have some smaller hardware bits such as regulators, taps, and fittings of course.

Parking can be a pain during the lunch rush but there is a yellow loading zone which they say you can park and not get a ticket. They also offer a service by which you can e-mail them your order and they'll have it ready for curbside pickup. Remember downtown has that maze of 1-way streets, 7th is one of the north/uphill streets.

1036 7th avenue
San Diego, California 92101
(619) 232-5175
http://www.bestdamnhomebrewshop.com/

They don't have the d-bag attitude that seems to have developed at some of the other LHBS around here. When i'm in the area i'll be going back. (But i am looking for something close to home.)

Back