Bent/kinked hop vine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whattafero

Reaction score
I checked on my first year hops this morning to find that one of my good growers was kinked in a couple spots about 3 inches above the base. The shoot wasn't as thick as some of my other plants but it was growing great vertically. Just checking to see if anyone had any repair tips or if I should just leave it alone and see what happens. I'd appreciate any info! Thanks!

Ive had this happen to a few of mine and eventually the spot were it was kinked will get worse and it will struggle to keep the bine alive so I ended up just cutting mine down but not completely just enough to be right above a good looking node because it will send out a new shoot usually that will try and be the new main bine.

I had two this year, never happened before. One died and I cut it down but one made a full recovery and caught back up to the other vines. The vines leaves that did recover however were droopey and dead looking for a few days. I guess it depends on the severity of the kink.

Back