Belgian wit under attenuation/slow going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlash630

Reaction score
I brewed a Wit beer last weekend and used a starter (beersmith said the smack pack only had 50% viability left) and I over filled the carboy (wasn't paying attention) and I used wyeast 3944 and didn't notice it said to leave 30% headspace (oops).. well I'm pretty sure I lost a TON of the yeast out of my blow-off (as evidence by the mess on the floor)... My OG last Saturday was 1.049 and today I'm at 1.030.. I've got a bit of carbonation bubbles on top of the wort/beer.. and see some movement inside and beersmith says I'm at 2.3%. is it possible to make up another starter and repitch? If I'm stuck with a radler so be it, I'll just maybe toss more oranges in it and make it my lawnmower beer.. but I'd really like to get this thing moving

When I saw your heading I thought......he's using M21 yeast. Not! Well, my wits with M21 tend to stall around day 7 at 64*, I then raise the temp to 68* and give a swirll. 2 days later I set the controller to 72* and keg at day 21 at 1.010- 1.012

Back