Belgian Blonde Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawlessamps

Reaction score
I am putting together my list for a blonde. Of all the beer I have drank in my life I just had my first Leffe. It is like a hefeweizen in the fast lane! I love it. Fortunately I have the book Beer Captured and there is a recipe for this brew. Although I havent read any success stories of people brewing this recipe and having the beer taste the same as Leffe.
Here is where I am at. I want to do the Belgian Blonde all grain kit from midwest but now the Leffe is consuming my thoughts. I want this brew to be ready to drink out of my keg in no more than a month and I want the 6-6.5%abv and I want that banana/hefe taste. Opinions please? The midwest kit uses the wlp400 which I have used for the last 3 batches of wit and I dont think I will get the banana flavor like in the leffe.

Look in the Belgian section of the recipe directory. Revvy has a Leffe clone in there that has a ton of positive feedback. I brewed it but sitting in tertiary after racking over strawberries so haven't tasted yet. I'd put a link but on iPad

Back