Beginner from Louisiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjk123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just figured I would introduce myself. My friend and I have been brewing beginner kits for about a year now and love it. Eventually we want to move into all grain so I figured it was a good time to join the forum.

Yesterday we purchased a kegerator (because bottling sucks the big one) that was in rough shape and have been breaking the back cleaning it up since. I plan on putting up a build log as I go, but I have a whole bunch of questions as I am getting in to it. So kegerator experts be on the look out for my million question post coming soon lol.

Looking forward to reading all the knowledge you guys put down.

Cheers :mug:

Welcome to HBT! Bro I am with you 100% in that if I had to bottle all my beers, I would have abandoned home brewing by now. But kegging is really cool and reminds me of my college fraternity days and all that! Holler when you need help.

Hi guys,

Just figured I would introduce myself. My friend and I have been brewing beginner kits for about a year now and love it. Eventually we want to move into all grain so I figured it was a good time to join the forum.

Yesterday we purchased a kegerator (because bottling sucks the big one) that was in rough shape and have been breaking the back cleaning it up since. I plan on putting up a build log as I go, but I have a whole bunch of questions as I am getting in to it. So kegerator experts be on the look out for my million question post coming soon lol.

Looking forward to reading all the knowledge you guys put down.

Cheers :mug:

Welcome to the board! Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in the Terrebonne Parish area with a keg system. It's really nice to be able to do dry hop and serve out of the same vessel. You'll probably want to speed up your brewing funnel as well since you'll find you are going to drink a lot more from the tap. :tank: Good luck!

Welcome to the board! Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in the Terrebonne Parish area with a keg system. It's really nice to be able to do dry hop and serve out of the same vessel. You'll probably want to speed up your brewing funnel as well since you'll find you are going to drink a lot more from the tap. :tank: Good luck!

Covington. Nice to see a local around here! Thanks my friend

I'm right down the road from you. Lafourche Parish. Good to see they have a few from Louisiana.

New Orleans here. I will be watching your kegging experience keenly. That's my next upgrade.

I hate bottling so much it has caused me to not brew. Now I am revitalized and ready to go. Hoping to have the keggerator ready to go and the first batch of beer brewed for it by the first regular season nfl game :D

I hate bottling so much it has caused me to not brew. Now I am revitalized and ready to go. Hoping to have the keggerator ready to go and the first batch of beer brewed for it by the first regular season nfl game :D

You'll love it! Down the road you can purchase/make a counterpressure filler so you can bottle from your tap system if you want to send some for competition or share your brews with friends.

A Metry brew-fool here. Been kegging for about 4 years and try to keep 3 on tap at all times.
Take your time and you'll have more fun as you move into it. It's truly a time saver as well as fun for me.
Best of luck!

Welcome. Good to see some Louisiana folks on HBT.

There are a fair number of us, but not that many of us are active posters. To OP, look up the Mystic Krewe of Brew for when and where the meetings are. They rotate meetings around the Northshore, but a fair number of pro brewers in the area are either members or got their start homebrewing.

Back