Before and After - I decided to clean my regulator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frozen

Reaction score
I purchased a new regulator off ebay and when I got it I could tell it was brand new but that it had been sitting in a warehouse for many years. I used a product from my local hardware store (Brasso) and I think it did an excellent job (despite the smell).

Before:

fInZ85k.jpg

cJEuVRY.jpg

After:

pu4Mvlw.jpg

ZEYPUCe.jpg

I wanted to remove the cga320 stem but I was unable to twist it off. I think I even ended up stripping the end of the stem. How does everyone else remove it?

Some regulators have left-hand threads on the high pressure side. Can't tell from the photos. Looks like it has thread-locker on it too. Hit it with a heat gun to loosen the thread locker.

Also, doesn't look like it was sitting in a warehouse for many years. The body is stamped "6 13" and there's a testing date sticker on the back of the low-pressure gauge that says "6-4-13."

Wow... I feel so dumb. I know that the high pressure side was left handed, I just never made the connection that I have to turn it the other way! Also, to add to that I didn't even read the production date. Who knows why the brass was discolored.

Back