Beersmith Mash Profile For HERMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Hello,

Any suggestions on a Mash Profile to use for a HERMS system?

I am currently using a Temperature mash profile but looking for help if this is the best to use for Beersmith.

To Note:

HERMS system is semi-automated. I do not have a controller yet so I raise the temperature manually and dial up/down the heat as necessary.

Thanks! :mug:

SnB Brewing

I use the infusion mash profile, adjusted to my preferred mash temp for style. I make the mash out a 5 min and the rise time I set to 20. I'm making 10 gallon batches so rise time for you will probably be different. You don't have to do a mash out, but it makes me feel better.

Okay cool, I may give that a shot... I do half barrel batches and I've got one run in on the system. Looking to fine tune now and hoping the right mash profile helps out.

My .02 (not that you asked for it) is adjusting mash ph along with slowing my sparge down has helped me more than worrying about mash profile.

Okay thank you, I was wondering about that if I should slow the speed a bit... Would you go as far as saying the slower speed has given you better efficiency?

Gotcha, makes sense... Yeah my first run with the system I think I did that... Expected a much higher starting gravity, especially on a herms

Latest posts

Back