Beergas setup on the way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pannell77

Reaction score
Scored 2 nitrogen/beergas tanks on CL for super cheap, ordered my regulator and stainless stout faucet so I should be up and running next week.

Super pumped to start pouring my stouts/porters/and some IPA with nitro.

What is the recommended serving pressure with beergas?

Scored 2 nitrogen/beergas tanks on CL for super cheap, ordered my regulator and stainless stout faucet so I should be up and running next week.

Super pumped to start pouring my stouts/porters/and some IPA with nitro.

What is the recommended serving pressure with beergas?

Most people find they get the best pours somewhere near 30psi, but anything between 25 and 45 should work. If you want to match the carbonation level in the beer, use this calculator-http://mcdantim.mobi/easypsig.html

I'd suggest keeping the carbonation level between 1.0 and 1.8 vol. Anything lower and you won't get the nice cascading head, and higher will just produce a mess of foam at nearly any pressure.

I'd suggest keeping the carbonation level between 1.0 and 1.8 vol. Anything lower and you won't get the nice cascading head, and higher will just produce a mess of foam at nearly any pressure.

This is good advice. I carb my brews with CO2 at between 5-8 lbs for a couple of weeks and then hook it up to the beergas to serve.Set at 35 lbs give me a nice pour with a good cascade.

I am going to go pour one right now..mmmmmmm

Back