Beer Sickness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdonnelly68

Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I took the attached photo the last time I was in Ireland. It's a proper pint outside my favorite pub on the face of this bob's earth - Lowry's in Clifden, Connemara.

I posted the photo to Lowry's FB page and two things happened:

First, Guinness of Ireland asked to use it on their page. Secondly, Lowry's liked it so much they are now using it as their FB profile picture.

What does it say about me and my relationship with beer that those two things make me happier than anything I've ever done professionally?

IMG_3186.jpg

Hm well it is a nice picture, how the Guinness glass is sharp and in focus and background is slightly blury, nicely centered. Plus the gawker can imagine that is a 55 gallon drum of Guinness ... mmm

What does a "soup sandwich" taste like? Kinda soggy, I'm guessing. :D

Great pic and congratulations!

I like the way the building frames the beer. Are they giving you any kind of credit?

Right on, seems like you could parlay that into free pints at the pub and maybe even in the observation deck at the plant! Now the problem there might be the ever present pressure to move there permanently.

Right on, seems like you could parlay that into free pints at the pub and maybe even in the observation deck at the plant! Now the problem there might be the ever present pressure to move there permanently.

I'm headed back to Clifden in May. You better believe I'll be looking to leverage into a pint or a seat at the bar. :)

A good friend is in Manchester as we speak, enjoying all the Guinnes Extra Cold and weird cask ales he can drink in our honor. Not too close to Clifden at all, but I'm sure he will be seeing this photo a lot. Great shot- you should TM it and charge for reprint rights. You know they have the coin for it!

Back