Beer Shampoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fall-line

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently started using Beer Shampoo & Conditioner made by a family local to me here in Seattle. I was skeptical (waste of good beer?), but the stuff is really good. They are using Elysian Brewing's Dragon's tooth stout as their base. Anyone else making or using a product like this?

This is the one I'm using:
http://www.duffysbrew.com/

I heard of this when I read brewing up a business. That stuff is pricey though! I have long hair so I would probably use a bottle every 2 days. Post a picture of your air as proof.

I bought some Hop soap through midwest once,wasnt exactly the hop smell i was looking for but still a good soap. It is also an ingredient in Toms of Main deoderant-commercial deoderant (unscented) which i use.I would preferr to smell like some cascades or something.Never got that from the soap really.
That beer shampoo gives new meaning to dumping a beer on someones head. Ha.

I used some beer shampoo and aftershave when I was living in the Czech Republic. I forget the brand name, but it was widely available in Prague. I found it to be expensive and not very good.

Yeah I have a pretty standard (short) men's haircut, so this stuff lasts me a long time. I agree that it is expensive. Maybe it's just the kick I get out of knowing that beer is going on my head every morning, but I've been using it awhile now and it's my favorite shampoo I've ever used. I'm interested to try others (beer based) too if I run across them.

Since I started using this the local HBSS has started carrying beer (oskar blues) chapstick too, I'll have to give that a try.

Back when I had hair, I bought a bottle of some sort of beer shampoo. It was in a plastic "beer bottle". It was pretty gimmicky, but nice stuff.

A lady at my church makes homemade soap. Anyone have any beer soap recipes I could give her? It would be cool to comission a lot of soap with my homemade beer in it.

Back