beer remains in nitro faucet after pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyp11

Reaction score
I love my nitro tap. The only problem I have is that after I pour a pint, there is still beer in the faucet. I cap my faucets when not in use, and it builds up a nice pool of stout. I'm getting sick of wicking away a few ounces of beer after every pour with a paper towel so there isn't stale beer in the faucet for my next pour.
Any ideas?

That's a nightly occurrence here (bedtime stout, gotta have it :)) and there's at least one semi-recent thread on it.
Nobody has anything better than the wicking thing.

I suspect the vertical spout, small opening and high FG brews conspire to hold onto that half-thimble of beer.
Short of coming up with a tiny relief valve, or a stout faucet with an angled spout, I don't see the paradigm shifting...

Cheers!

And do you get any metallic after taste from your nitro stout? Almost like the chrome plating is leaching?

Whoa - heavens, no!

I end almost every night with a short pour of my imperial chocolate honey stout and anything "off" about it would not end the day well at all, and then I'd have all night to think about it. That would be pretty much the opposite of what I was going for ;)

fwiw, I have the Micromatic stainless steel war club of a stout faucet (seriously, you could kill someone swinging this thing at their head) with the plastic spout. Nothing plated in it.
259891.png

That said, I have to believe what you're tasting isn't going to be from the faucet. Have you brewed that recipe before? I've occasionally read of the same metallic character with folks that went heavy on the black malts...

Cheers!

I have the Micromatic stainless steel war club of a stout faucet (seriously, you could kill someone swinging this thing at their head)

that got me a chuckle. I was just cleaning mine yesterday thinking holy crap I forgot how heavy the thing is. War club indeed.
:)

Latest posts

Back