Beer puddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiber_Brew

It's about the beer.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I go downstairs to the brewery area this morning before work, and notice a large puddle around the kegerator. I had just turned it off the other day to clean the lines before I kegged my latest batch -which was the first batch brewed on my new eHERMS- so I thought maybe it was from defrosting. I take a look inside and the fridge is full of a wonderfully pleasant aroma and a sticky puddle of beer. After a quick and dirty investigation (had to get to work soon), I determined it was from a leaky ball lock liquid post. Checked the keg, and there was maybe a gallon left.

Hopefully I can get this cleaned up soon, because I was planning on brewing this weekend (third batch on the new rig only), but I can't brew on a sticky floor...not to mention the heartache of losing precious beer...

Anyway, had to blow that steem off and share that with you all.

TB

I feel your pain! Had a leak on the liquid out post of a pin lock and lost 1/2 a keg over night!

Latest posts

Back