Beer Kits @ ABC Crafted Buy 2 Get 1 and Free Ship Over $50

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have had mixed results with the abc crafted kits. the pilsner and the draught were by far the best the stout is acceptable. like you said with dme and other yeast. and maybe grains and hops - lol

but the muntons kits are defiantely good kits. and if the sale applies to those its a good deal to get three cans with shipping for 60 $

actually this is very hard to pass up if i hadnt switched to AG i definately would get several

thanks for the heads up very tempted.

in addition most importantly this company is providing a huge increase in kit availability in the states. - nice

I'm using half a pouch of 9lb lme from amazon at $27 to get the kits up to 6% or thereabouts. I am also finding that the kitted beers seem to improve more with more time in the bottle than AG beers. Maybe because they have more room for improvement? Tasting very good after 3 months. In fact, may very well be doing more kits than AG in the future, the savings in time and cleanup are just too compelling.

https://www.amazon.com/Pale-Malt-Ex...qid=1714762451&sprefix=9lb+lme,aps,101&sr=8-1

so yeah theres that. kit beers are notorious for taking a while to clean up. usually the longer the better up to about 3 months. i drink my AG sometimes 15 days after the boil.

the likely reason for long conditioning time is prolly due to all the unfermentables in these kits. i think i read somewhere that the yeast will eat anything they are able . its just somethings are a lot easier to eat than others for them. so likely they eat the good stuff first. maltotriose or whatever it is. then when they run out of the good food they metabolize whatever is left ( products that produce unwanted esters etc). thus the clean up phase . less fermentables equal longer clean up - maybe

i have had better luck with supermarket juice , a squeeze of lime juice, teabags for tannins. nutrients, ale yeast etc.

i didint care for the artificail sweetener and flavoring or the glucose syrup solids in the cider kits.

i have had better luck with supermarket juice , a squeeze of lime juice, teabags for tannins. nutrients, ale yeast etc.

i didint care for the artificail sweetener and flavoring or the glucose syrup solids in the cider kits.
what do you use to back sweeten your cider, or do you like them dry?

Back