Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a request.

My brother in law is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii. He will be here until June 6 on leave. I was telling him about this thread and the great group of people on the forum. I am sure there are a bunch of people on the BIF list, but if anyone wants to BIF him that would be awesome.

In return I will send out a BIF.

Damn... I am behind in my packages that need to be sent, but PM me your address. It wont be anything BiF worthy, but will send you something for him when I send out Duffman's package.

I have a request.

My brother in law is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii. He will be here until June 6 on leave. I was telling him about this thread and the great group of people on the forum. I am sure there are a bunch of people on the BIF list, but if anyone wants to BIF him that would be awesome.

In return I will send out a BIF.

he's stationed in Hawaii, what could we possibly send him that would top that?
The beer out that way lacks selection, but the stuff that they do make over there is phenomenal. Maui Brewing company helped me get married lol

Damn... I am behind in my packages that need to be sent, but PM me your address. It wont be anything BiF worthy, but will send you something for him when I send out Duffman's package.

Anything is BIF worthy if it is not available here or in Hawaii.

he's stationed in Hawaii, what could we possibly send him that would top that?
The beer out that way lacks selection, but the stuff that they do make over there is phenomenal. Maui Brewing company helped me get married lol

Tell me about it, that coconut porter though. He was looking at my stockpile and just commented that he wish he could get into trading so he could have the variety that I have. So I figured I'd reach out.

Anything is BIF worthy if it is not available here or in Hawaii.

I just won't be able to send much with our pending home purchase, but I can always afford to buy someone a beer when it comes to military. My entire family is Navy and I would've been if I hadn't had heart surgery.

I just won't be able to send much with our pending home purchase, but I can always afford to buy someone a beer when it comes to military. My entire family is Navy and I would've been if I hadn't had heart surgery.

To me, this thread/idea is not about the beer that is sent. It is the thought behind it. The beer is a byproduct of someone's kindness.

Holy crap I need to contact Hallmark.

To me, this thread/idea is not about the beer that is sent. It is the thought behind it. The beer is a byproduct of someone's kindness.

Holy crap I need to contact Hallmark.

I'm practically booked for shipping with a total of 8 boxes pending. When he gets back I'll be more then happy to do a long distance swap if he's up to it. I've sent to Hawaii before, but it was totally worth it for some Pineapple Champagne

I'm practically booked for shipping with a total of 8 boxes pending. When he gets back I'll be more then happy to do a long distance swap if he's up to it. I've sent to Hawaii before, but it was totally worth it for some Pineapple Champagne

No worries, I just was throwing the request out there. My intent was not to hinder anyone.

I will speak with him and see if he wants to set up a trade. :tank:

Sadly I only sent beer and a couple other things. I was going to send some genuine Alaskan moose poop earrings, but I wasn't sure if he was an earring wearing man or not lol

Joe bombed me with a meal!! :rockin:

Very excited for the pierogies and kielbasa. Even included dessert! The sodas sound fantastic. I normally dont keep pop in the house but have been craving the hell out of them since i cant drink haha. I even received a rare finsfan release of a brett bitter and of course two strains of brett. What trade with Joe would be complete without yeast?! Everything arrived cold and half the ice packs were still frozen.

Thank you so much for this Joe! Any suggestions for cooking the kielbasa? Cheers man!! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431642751.205625.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431642763.987978.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431642774.639656.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431642784.273435.jpg

@ finsfan...i grill it all the time. it is my favorite way to prepare kielbassa. However my wife said to brown it in a skillet, then put it in a crock pot with some sour kraut for a few hours. then serve with the pierogies ( beware they are filling). the pop is local and gobs are very popular here.

enjoy!!

@ finsfan...i grill it all the time. it is my favorite way to prepare kielbassa. However my wife said to brown it in a skillet, then put it in a crock pot with some sour kraut for a few hours. then serve with the pierogies ( beware they are filling). the pop is local and gobs are very popular here.

enjoy!!

Yep, I'm very proud :)

enjoy!!

Thanks, just grilled it. Fantastic combination! Only made half the pierogie and glad I have more of it.

enjoy!!

The best Polish food comes from shops name after their owner; very few vowels, a floccpile of 'z's', spelled looking like 8 syllables long but pronounced in under two.

Had a great surprise from a new friend up north, thanks a bunch Glu!

If anyone knows of someone who needs a little Oregon lovin' let me know, otherwise will stalk to forums looking for a choice target!

bif_zpssdt4wzvu.jpg

Hey it landed at my house! Woot woot! Thanks joe you rock!
Wasn't in town last night and I'm hustling to ball (where else?!)
Can't wait to get home and open it up! Thanks buddy!

Well I finally arrived home to open up this unexpected and totally not necessary ( but awesome! And yes I'll get you back joe!) package from coyote68

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432257507.889279.jpg

Some treats for the kids and some treats for me!..the HB sounds great! And the signed ball rocks!
You're really a piece of work Joe and your generosity is amazing.
Thanks again dude, the gal said I looked like I was smiling out loud :)
Ps #1 son took a loss tonight (he's coaching 11U) but we did find out he gets to ump his first game next week...yeah, #2 son's game :)

Cheers buddy!

@sompls
i'm glad it made it safe and sound. too bad on the loss, but he'll learn from it. i'm sure he'll do a good job being an ump. have fun and cheers!

Some treats for the kids and some treats for me!..the HB sounds great! And the signed ball rocks!

Cheers buddy!

Do those say peanut butter gobbz?? What are peanut butter gobbz!? I don't eat sweets but I want one of those! Nice bif Joe :)

Either of you know who might have sent me a bottle of hb labeled "coco"? @bigperm ?

Just curious, and wanted to warn you of potential explosion. Don't open it while your wife is home :D

This thread makes me happy on the inside. I had to subscribe to remind myself that good people exist on the internet.

Latest posts

Back