Beer in CO2 line...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was doing some maintenance/cleaning on ye olden kegerator today. I swapped the lines on my dual-tap tower and I noticed that some beer had worked its way into my CO2 line. There was a slight amount of mold along the junction where the line connects to the distributor, so I cut above the goop and sanitized the end of the line. Any suggestions on how to fix something like this, and what should I look for in terms of leaks in the Sankey coupling?

When I had a carbonating stone in my keg and I lowered the psi from the co2 tank, the beer would be pushed up the co2 line from the higher pressure in the keg than the co2 tank. I just cleaned it well and sanitized. If its super nasty, it might be easier to just replace.

U.S. Plastics sells check valves to put inline so this can't happen. Or just make sure the keg pressure is NEVER higher then the regulator set pressure.
64046 for 1/8
64047 for 3/16
64048 for 1/4

Latest posts

Back