Beer gun set up.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol-hazza

Reaction score
For my recent birthday I was gifted a Bottle Filler Beer Gun, which as far as I'm aware is an imitation Blichmann.

I plumbed it into my gas line with a T-split and off we went, all good.

However over the weekend I finally put a collar on my keezer and doubled its capacity, so reclaimed the gas line for my third keg.

Turns out having the beer gun permanently attached was also a pain, it just got in the way and tangled. Which got me thinking I should attach a gas post to the end of the line and just borrow a gas QD from a keg when I'm bottling.

Cheaper than adding a manifold and more convenient.

I was thinking attach a barb to the gas post, gas line attached to barb.

Seems easy enough so was just wondering if anyone has done this or is there a better way that I am missing?

Turns out this is a pain to try and achieve due to corny posts being a fitting size that isnt used in New Zealand.
Got my engineer mate trying to track some down but he thinks that we will be getting some made custom.
So hopefully I will be able to update next week how this is getting on

Depending on your fittings, the easiest solution may be to use John Guest fittings. Just pop on and off the tubing as needed, this is what I am converting all of my fittings over to.

Do a search for "carbonator cap" on google, and you'll find some that have a barb on the inside. That will be exactly what you need.

Do a search for "carbonator cap" on google, and you'll find some that have a barb on the inside. That will be exactly what you need.

I saw one of these but figured i could do it for half the price with corny posts. Turns out i should have gotten the carb cap.

My way is going to work as well and still be cheaper but the delay is a pain

Latest posts

Back