Beer gun recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trails_n_Ales

Reaction score
I've been looking into beer guns so I can bottle my kegged beer with good carbonation. Many that I've seen online have mixed reviews (blichmann, last straw). What's the best on the market? Any recommendations?

I have a Blichmann that was given to me and I like it. It is easy to use and clean. My only complaint is that the little silicone tip has a tendency to get lost during cleaning so by a few extras.

I've been looking into beer guns so I can bottle my kegged beer with good carbonation. Many that I've seen online have mixed reviews (blichmann, last straw). What's the best on the market? Any recommendations?

I had the old style Blichmann beer gun and felt it was chunky and clunky in my hand. The frame was square metal and it was semi-fatiguing during long sessions. The plus side is that once I "learned" to use it properly all was fine and it functioned perfectly.

Blichmann came out with a new design with a neat ergonomic handle that is a winner. I started to buy the new model too, but then they came out with an upgrade kit so I could enhance my old gun like the new model. It looks good, feels good and most importantly...works fantastic! Takes a beer or two to get the feel but watch some YouTube videos and see how it is done.

I always used the beer gun for bottling, until I won one of these in a competition:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N3D9POI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I do not know that I would have spent almost $400 to buy this bottler, but now that I have used it I don't know that I can ever go back. Very easy to set up, use, and can get any carb level in the bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blichmann works great.My bottles easily stay carbed 4-5 months. Make sure the beer is carbonated correctly at least 2-3 weeks before bottling. Each time you use it may require different adjustments.

The last straw is an amazing product. Very natural grip angle and you can use serving pressure. Very happy.

The Blichmann works great.My bottles easily stay carbed 4-5 months. Make sure the beer is carbonated correctly at least 2-3 weeks before bottling. Each time you use it may require different adjustments.

I've got bottles that are 6 years old and still carbonated. If you're only get 4-5 months something is wrong with your caps, caper, or capping process.

For me Blichmann beer gun all the way. I hate bottling! I stopped using my counter pressure filler because it's so damn bulky! I've thought about mounting it to a bottling platform but the time it takes to do that I just break out the beer gun and get'r'done. Eventually, I'll build one of them fancy duel counter pressure riggs and really speed up my bottle times! It's only time and money and I don't have a lot of either!

Ive got this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32294349177.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.VAu2nM

At first I was having the same issues as OldHamlet but then I realized it was a combination of having my beer over or under carbonated prior to pouring as well as not filling the bottles enough... now I fill them right to the very top before removing the wand and immediatly capping. It works fine this way.

Cool. Looks kinda like the old style Blichmann before the updates.

Cool. Looks kinda like the old style Blichmann before the updates.

yes its a clone of the old style Gun.. This one is actually a kegking brand gun (guys who sell the robobrew and intertap faucets) it comes (or at least did when I bought from this seller a couple years ago) in the retail packaging and with directions from kegking... same as you would find on the Australian websites but for a lot less because of it being sold direct and outside of Australia.

I used to use a picnic tap with a bottling wand stuck in it, and a stopper (sometimes not). Overall, it did fine, but wasn't perfect and often came apart causing a mess. And there was always the fear of oxygen exposure (I did try to purge my bottles first with a hose, but that was a pain too).

I used my friend's counter-pressure filler (More Beer's design: https://www.morebeer.com/products/deluxe-counter-pressure-bottle-filler.html) and it was ok, but it required one person to operate it and one person to do everything else (sani-prep bottles, cap, wipe down). And it didn't work consistently great on each bottle (from the same keg).

So I splurged and got the Blichmann v2 beer gun. It's EXCELLENT. Comfortable, ergonomic design. Easy to handle, didn't leak, super-easy operation overall. And CONSISTENT fills every time. It worked great when I had a helper (do to the capping and wiping of the bottles), but still was fine when I did everything myself, because I could set the gun down without fear of leaking. Easy to disassemble and clean, sanitize.

If you feel like making bottling day as easy as possible, I recommend the Blichmann!

You and I both concur the Blichmann V2 beer gun is a winner! I had the old style Blichmann beer gun and it was chunky and clunky to say the least. It was effective but a ergonometric nightmare. I bought the upgrade kit and converted the old gun into the new style that I truly enjoy now.

Back