Beer from Wisconsin to Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Around fall, we're heading to Dallas for a wedding. We'll be driving from Wisconsin taking I55-I40-I30 to Dallas, while spending the night in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Anyone have any beer "must-stops" along that path?
Also looking for any stores where I can pick up must have beers that I can't get back home.
All things beer is fine with me. But I do prefer IPAs & sours.

Can you go through Iowa? Toppling Goliath would be on the top of my list for stuff over that way. Maybe Boulevard in KC?

Probably not. With SWAMBO & kids in tow, I'll have to be fairly close to that route. I plan to do TG at some point, just not then. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you have never done the AB tour in St Louis it is actually really cool, kids would enjoy it too.

Capture.PNG

south bound and down - eighteen wheels a rollin....

We gonna do what they say can't be done......

You can find some decent breweries in the south Missouri/west Arkansas area but none are right around the interstate and by that point you (and/or the family) will probably be more interested in making good time.

When you hit the Dallas area you'll be close to Lakewood and Intrinsic on the east side. Neither mind blowing but among the better options in Dallas. I can throw out some Dallas recommendations depending on if you need them or have time for them. (Assuming you haven't already taken this trip.)

Just arrived!
Staying in Grapevine. We’ll be going to Waco for a day and maybe Gas Monkey Garage.

Hopefully no to squeeze some beer stops along the way.

Any good beer stores? I can always buy some and sample at home. One of the benefits of driving!

Back