Beer Enhancing Sachets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great idea! If you can make it you can sell it. Worked so well in the 50s, maybe it's a another comeback.

Some "beer" need doctoring. Most (wise) people don't buy that kind of beer.

Pay money to add hops to cheap beer vs. buy good beer in the first place. I don't quite get why one would do the first one.

Can you imagine the actual use of this thing? Some uber-pretentious type says "Oh, the wedding/festival/block party/etc. will only have kegs of Bud. I must bring something to improve it, lest my delicate palate be insulted" then he proceeds to walk around with that damned thing in his glass, sniffing it and lecturing everyone on the evils of the brewing industrial complex.

"There's light beer and craft beer. What if both varieties could somehow be better?"

Wow, I didn't realize I was only brewing one of the two varieties. I'm glad these guys came along to help.

michemix-original-micheladas-beer-mix-3.png

http://m.mexgrocer.com/6401.html

Been done

Yeah... not seeing the appeal. There are so many different beers available just about everywhere these days that if you can't find anything you can stand to hold in your mouth long enough to get a buzz on, you probably shouldn't be drinking beer.

Plus, if you're walking around a party dumping stuff in people's beers, you're gonna get looked at cross-eyed...

I think they have a winner there. Not something I would ever buy, but I think it could catch on.

Kickstarter...where graphics designers and marketing students beg you to pay for their half-baked projects. Although it seems this guy is just a college drop-out.

Can you believe that once he has $400,000 he will have the ability to make Peach flavored sachets? That's just after the $200,000 Double IPA milestone. But of course not before Pumpkin at $120,000 deal for his genius.

Pro tip translation of the Fred Crudder quote: "It's not as disgusting as I though it would be."

Based on the pricing on the KS it looks like they're targeting in the $1/pk range. So you buy a 6pk of PBR for $5 and $6 of sachets for a total of $11 per 6/pk. Since there are some great beers out there for less than $10 per 6/pk, this product really provides no value to the consumer. No business person with an ounce of sense would back this product.

Meanwhile, if one really were inclined to do add hops to BMC beer, an ounce of Centennial is about $2 and empty tea bags/tea balls can be had cheap too.

36$ + the cost of a 30 (18 ish?) pack and a 6 (6ish) pack to turn 36 bud lights into blue moons. With 50 dollars I could grab some pretty good craft beer.

What if I just dump the wifes nasty tea down the crapper and make my own? Or better yet use a tea ball?

I'm starting a kick starter..... bourbon barrel oak chip...as a beer enhancer...just add a chip to any beer to give it a wonderful Bourbon barrel aged flavor...I'm gonna sell sawdust to hipsters...lol

36$ + the cost of a 30 (18 ish?) pack and a 6 (6ish) pack to turn 36 bud lights into blue moons. With 50 dollars I could grab some pretty good craft beer.

Holy smokes. That's $60. Even assuming $10 for a sixer of craft beer, that's six 6-packs for the exact same price as 36 crappy beers with extra stuff in them. If we assume a more reasonable $8-9 per sixer, these guys are charging more. I don't get it.

So Budweiser is too proud to make craft beer after thumbing their noses at it, so they produce a Kickstarter under the guise of a private individual for these beer sachets so they can reach that market. Some MBA just got a raise :D

What self-respecting man is going to say 'Hey Earl, pass me another one of those tangerine hibiscus sachets for my Bud!' In some bars that would get you thrown out, in others worse...

'We don't sell beer sachets, we just keep them on-hand for profiling purposes' LOL

^ Reference line in Talladega Nights movie...

Back