Beer Concentrate ... Ewwwww!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like stuff like this mostly because of the science and engineering involved...oh yeah beer too. Aside from that, it's always good to take a step back and look at what this is trying to solve...which is backpacking with beer. Any backpacker or hiker will tell you that the last thing they want to do is carry extra stuff. An ounce is a pound. Also the whole thing is overcomplicated, and who wants to fumble around with stuff when their fingers are frozen on a mountain or you're extremely sweaty or dirty from a long trail hike in the summer under thick canopy. Another small pet peeve of mine is how all of this "quick food" stuff leads to more litter on the trail.

A more sensible alternative for us homebrewers would be:
41136.jpg

image_484.jpg

Brilliant!
On the other hand, it makes more sense to backpack with hard liquor (and stogies) instead.

I second the whiskey idea. A plastic flask style bottle that the cheap stuff comes in. Only with better stuff switched out.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Home Brew mobile app

Love the idea. If I was hiking the Appalachian train or something I'd take them....but then again, I wouldn't be carrying cold, fizzy, water.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Wait, so what's the market for this? Seriously. I don't see how it saves packaging space to have this and carbonated water instead of just carrying a can. Now that delicious beers can be had in cans, why even pretend you need this?

They also sell a carbonator, so you can mix the concentrate with stream water (assuming you carry a water filter; I do when I'm out in the back country), then carbonate and enjoy. It would definitely be a weight savings over regular beer, and I don't like hard liquor at all, so this would be preferable for me, even if it didn't taste all that great. This being said, I don't foresee myself actually buying this product.

Back