Beer bottle invites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce40

Reaction score
So im getting married in a year and being the beer snobs that me and my fiance are were going to have a lot of the elements of the wedding influenced by beer. One of the many beer related ideas was to have the invitations sent in a bottle it the label on it designed specifically for us. We got that part down and actually made a tester of that and looks great. The thing that I have a question about is the next part to the beer bottle invite. I want to throw in some hops, probably full leave cause they are more ascetically pleasing, so that when they open the bottle up their hit with hop aroma. I was thinking citrusy american hops like citra and cascade. Will this work? Will they actually smell the hops after opening it?

You don't need to have hop cones (I'm assuming that's what you mean by leaves) floating in your beer in order to have a strong hop aroma...

A lot of the masters of ipa's like Matt Bryndilson, Vinnie Cilurzo, and John Kimmich of Firestone/Russian River/The Alchemist (heady topper) all use hop extract and pellets in their beers. Some of it has to do with minimizing wort loss but a lot of it has to do with minimizing vegetal flavors and increasing the overall hop profile.

Also massive amounts of late addition/flame out/ whirlpool hops + rapid chilling and minimizing oxidation by carefully handling and minimalizing the amount of transfers is critical.

I believe he's going to be sending empty beer bottles with invitations inside of the bottles. I think some whole hops inside would be great.

I believe he's going to be sending empty beer bottles with invitations inside of the bottles. I think some whole hops inside would be great.

I think you may be right, and that folks is what happens when I respond to a thread at 130 am on a Friday.... I mean Saturday morning. I haven't even had a drop to drink I swear :drunk:

Yeah empty bottles with the invite inside of them. A friend designed the labels already so im going to get some hops so time next week and do a tester to see if i get some aroma when opening the bottle. Im planning to leave it outside for a couple of day to simulate the shipping journey. Maybe the heat will help releases some of those beautiful hop aromas.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back