Beer and mosquitoes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol-hazza

Reaction score
So I was reading an article based on another article which was based on some research papers.. (not even exaggerating) and apparently mosquitoes like people who are sweaty beer drinkers with O-type blood.

I hit the trifecta on this one unfortunately.

Anyway just putting this masterclass in journalism out there

Geezus, it's 11 below zero here. I'd take a few mosquito bites in exchange for about 30 degrees!

They eat my daughter alive.She gets welts.I don't get it as bad.I always thought it was the alcohol in my system LOL Guess not

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, and I can tell you that mosquitoes REALLY like me...

Thankfully, I've now moved to SoCal where we don't have mosquitoes. I'll go an entire summer with zero bites.

I love it!

So I was reading an article based on another article which was based on some research papers.. (not even exaggerating) and apparently mosquitoes like people who are sweaty beer drinkers with O-type blood.

I hit the trifecta on this one unfortunately.

Anyway just putting this masterclass in journalism out there

I did too. That kind of makes sense.

They drive me crazy, I always knew I was a favourite for them to eat and to be honest5 knowing why doesnt make it much better

I've heard it before, and I still believe it. I love to be out in the veggie garden all evening while having a few pints in late spring. As soon as I start drinking they find me! Still worth it to put up with them to enjoy the weather, but they can swarm you. Got to keep the tiki's burning and deep woods off spray going to back them off some.

Do what I do. When outside in mosquito country just hang around someone they like more. Always seems to work for me.

Also, they tend to be drawn to contrasting colors (Bright/Dark), and any breeze can keep them off because they are piss poor fliers.

Latest posts

Back