Bayou 16 Gallon Kettle w/ Spigot $117 Shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpool

Reaction score
I've been researching a setup all weekend to move from extract to all grain and was looking at SS kettles for a full boil (this is how I spend my Labor Day). Along the way I found the Bayou Classic 1064 16 gallon kettle with spigot and saw prices were $150 on Overstock and $180 on Amazon. I found a site through Google Shopping, Jet.com, but had not heard of them. They require a paid membership for their site but they were running a free 6 month membership with no auto-enroll so I dove in. They were also running a $10 off your first order promo (SAVE10NOW). With that and free shipping, the total cost was $117 for a heck of a sweet Labor Day deal. :)

I looked around on the site for a few other items and saw they had a Bayou SP1 Jet Burner for $38 but ended up only ordering the kettle. Figured I'd spread the word for anyone in the market for a new boil kettle. I'll update this once the item arrives. :rockin: :mug:

Now off I go to the hardware store for fittings to convert a 10 gallon cooler into a mash tun. :)

https://jet.com/product/64-qt-Stockpot-with-Spigot/85140f68c0174b52ba548417f6cab2a9

UPDATE: Jet apparently changes their prices throughout the day. As of 1 PM MST, the price jumped back uip to $181. I'd recommend checking back periodically.

Last edited:
I've been researching a setup all weekend to move from extract to all grain and was looking at SS kettles for a full boil (this is how I spend my Labor Day). Along the way I found the Bayou Classic 1064 16 gallon kettle with spigot and saw prices were $150 on Overstock and $180 on Amazon. I found a site through Google Shopping, Jet.com, but had not heard of them. They require a paid membership for their site but they were running a free 6 month membership with no auto-enroll so I dove in. They were also running a $10 off your first order promo (SAVE10NOW). With that and free shipping, the total cost was $117 for a heck of a sweet Labor Day deal. :)

I looked around on the site for a few other items and saw they had a Bayou SP1 Jet Burner for $38 but ended up only ordering the kettle. Figured I'd spread the word for anyone in the market for a new boil kettle. I'll update this once the item arrives. :rockin: :mug:

Now off I go to the hardware store for fittings to convert a 10 gallon cooler into a mash tun. :)

https://jet.com/product/64-qt-Stockpot-with-Spigot/85140f68c0174b52ba548417f6cab2a9
I bought 2 of these from amazon and ebay which were open box deals for $125 shipped and more recenntly a 15 gallon bayou kettle for around $85.
I also bought an open box bayou propane burner before going electric for about $35 on amazon... the open box deals are the way to go noramlly but it seems you scored good!

Sounds like a great deal. You haven't received the kettle yet, right? My first bayou 1064 was out of round. Easy return to Amazon. Any idea of Jet's return policy and whether it's easy? I need another one. Also, their price is $181 now. Is that what you saw before you signed up?

Sounds like a great deal. You haven't received the kettle yet, right? My first bayou 1064 was out of round. Easy return to Amazon. Any idea of Jet's return policy and whether it's easy? I need another one. Also, their price is $181 now. Is that what you saw before you signed up?

Nope, I just ordered it this morning. The site says free return shipping but I do not have any experience with Jet.

I followed the link and it definitely climbed back up in price. I did not need to sign in to see the lower price. The site says the prices change throughout, so maybe just keep checking back. I guess I hit it at a great time. I'll update the OP.

Kettle arrived today and it looks to be in great condition. I'll have to connect the spigot and ensure there are no leaks, but so far so good.

Kettle arrived today and it looks to be in great condition. I'll have to connect the spigot and ensure there are no leaks, but so far so good.

The threads in the includes adapters appear to be BPS and not the npt male nipples adapters... they dont interchange well with most of my standard fittings but the standard fittings thread into the ball valves fine.

FWIW, pretty much any time you can buy

15 Gallon Concord Kettle - $90 on ebay free shipping
Close Nipple - $ 3.50 Bargainfittings
2 Piece ball valve - $8 Bargainfittings
Weldless Bulkhead - $9 w/o Coupler BargainFittings
Neiko Step Bit - $9.50 on Amazon Free shipping
BargainFittings Shipping - $5

That puts you at $125 which is a very similar price, of course theres a bit of labor but not really to drill a hole assuming you already have a Drill and vegetable oil or something to keep it cool. Personally not a fan of the giant indent around the bottom of the Bayou...but thats personal preference really.

The threads in the includes adapters appear to be BPS and not the npt male nipples adapters... they dont interchange well with most of my standard fittings but the standard fittings thread into the ball valves fine.

Im planning to order NPT fittings for my mash tun. Any sense in ordering NPT fittings for the kettle or will it not really matter?

FWIW, pretty much any time you can buy

15 Gallon Concord Kettle - $90 on ebay free shipping
Close Nipple - $ 3.50 Bargainfittings
2 Piece ball valve - $8 Bargainfittings
Weldless Bulkhead - $9 w/o Coupler BargainFittings
Neiko Step Bit - $9.50 on Amazon Free shipping
BargainFittings Shipping - $5

That puts you at $125 which is a very similar price, of course theres a bit of labor but not really to drill a hole assuming you already have a Drill and vegetable oil or something to keep it cool. Personally not a fan of the giant indent around the bottom of the Bayou...but thats personal preference really.

Thanks for the Bargain Fittings link as I need fittings for my mash tun and couldn't find SS anywhere locally.

Bargain fittings is great.... I actually found the receipts for my two 16 gallon kettles with spigots and I did pay 89 dollars a piece with shipping but they were open box so I took my chances and the came in fiine... the 15 gallon kettle I got for around $80 shipped with no spigot. and a slightly damaged rim on the lid.

only the male nipples and nuts had the odd threads the valves are interchangable I wouldnt worry about using them unless you have an issue getting things to thread up.

FYI I use both indents in my kettles...
I use the false bottom for my mash tun which sits on it with a bazooka tube underneath.
and my 15 gallon kettle has the ring up top which works well to keep my hop basket suspended a half inch away from the kettle wall and allows better flow around it.

Latest posts

Back