Bavarian doppelbock partial grain recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polarbearbrewing

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm looking for a good recipe for my next batch of beer. I recently enjoyed some augusteiner brau maximator beer and IMHO it's the best beer I've ever tasted. I loved the maltiness that is typical of this style along with the dried fruit/plums/dates/raisin/cherry notes that i attribute to the yeast in addition to the nice, but subtle balance of the hops. I know augusteinerbrau is very secretive when it comes to their grain bill and brewing methods, but I'm hoping your expertise can get me in the ballpark. I know this beer is brewed using traditional German brewing techniques and is technically a doppelbock, but I don't have the equipment to do an all grain brew or lager so I am hopeful someone has a decent partial grain or extract ale recipe that will get me close. Please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

Ooh, tough call. Without their actual yeast I don't think you'll get close.

Maybe a very subtle addition of the right kind of brandy could get the plum/date/raisin flavor? I'm just spitballing here.

Use the search feature on that name and see what you come up with.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Try to find some Munich extract. I know there are some LHBS that sell it. Also you can try using a clean ale yeast like 1007 and fermenting at very very low temperatures.

Latest posts

Back