Banner below forum links..how does it work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgln

Reaction score
I mean it is kind of intrusive in what I do on my computer or seems to be. I search for saws and then I see banner for saws for sale. I look up pumpkin pie then a banner on cooking or pie pans appears. Yesterday a friend IM'd me asking if I would be a reference for a gun permit. Said he wants to buy a Glock. Now I got banner up there about Glocks. :confused:

Mind your own business! :mad:

Cookie-based ads have been around for five years or so.... maybe more. Are you just now noticing this?

Reminds me of the opening scene of a very recent episode of Parks and Recreation
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Vc6oJ2qOM]Parks and Recreation - Ron Swanson & The Internet - YouTube[/ame]

Cookie-based ads have been around for five years or so.... maybe more. Are you just now noticing this?

Reminds me of the opening scene of a very recent episode of Parks and Recreation
Parks and Recreation - Ron Swanson & The Internet - YouTube

No part of the explanation was to describe what I was talking about. I noticed that a long time ago but what about the ad for Glocks? I mean I did not do a search on that. It was only in an IM at work. So why did it pop up? Does it look at more than internet searches or just a coincidence?

No part of the explanation was to describe what I was talking about. I noticed that a long time ago but what about the ad for Glocks? I mean I did not do a search on that. It was only in an IM at work. So why did it pop up? Does it look at more than internet searches or just a coincidence?
I've been getting the Glock ad, too. History is currently showing no searches for glocks or guns in general... which is kind of shocking, really.

Ok, I hate that show but that was funny and fitting.
Whaaaaaaaa?! :D

A couple of ideas:

1. Become a supporting member and block the ads.

2. Use Google Chrome in it's incognito mode, limiting history and cookies.

3. Regularly wipe your computer's cookies and temp files with Ccleaner.

Glocks was just a coincidence. The rest is Google magic working through your cookies.

Back