Banjo burner weirdness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_one_seven

Reaction score
I bought a 10" banjo burner from Northern Brewer about 6 weeks ago. I has worked wonderfully until my last batch. I had a propane tank run out at the end of my boil. I switched to my back up, but it would not hold a flame. It was like it wasn't getting any fuel. I figured it for a bad propane tank. Getting ready to brew tonight I pulled out a new propane tank and tried to fire up the burner. It would not start. I would light look ok and then the flame would die out. Has anyone had this happen before?

Does it have a timer? My timer died last week I had to short it out and all was fine. There is a YouTube video somewhere on it.

Did you try messing with the air vent? Sometimes you have to get it at just the right setting. Too much air and it'll blow out. Is there a good wind-break around the flame? Sometimes all it takes is a quick draft to kill the flame. Did you check the nozzle to see if it's plugged up? I remember one member actually had an earwig crawl into his hardware and block the gas line :p

Latest posts

Back