Bacon bourbon amber ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
So I have had some bacon soaking in bourbon for the past 4 or 5 months, there are now oak chips soaking in the bourbon, soon there will be Oaked bacon bourbon amber ale!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You better send me a bottle! I love bacon and I'm a great guinea pig for this experiment! Lol

Geesh, how can you go wrong with that? Bacon and beer! Perfect!

Cheers!

Could you post the recipe? Thinking of doing a 1 gallon attempt this just sounds delicious too

I cooked a bunch of bacon wrapped it in coffee filters. Placed the bacon in a sealed bowl and poured in bourbon Makers Mark, it sat on the counter for a long time, 5 months probably. I took out the bacon and put oak chips in the bowl and sealed it. For about two weeks. I bought a 5 gallon all grain Amber Ale Kit. From Midwest Brewing Supplies. Brewed it fermented about a week, poured the bourbon in to a glass....drank it...put the bourbon soaked chips in to a carboy. Secondary for two weeks...rack to a keg added CO2 and conditioned about a week or so before trying.

You think it'd work in less than 5 months? Idk if I have the patience lol

Sweet I'm thinking of trying it with like a rye ale or something

I'm thinking about doing a bacon maple porter. Did you get much bacon flavor doing it this way?

Latest posts

Back