Backup Co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCougfan97

Reaction score
I am about to pick up some additional ball lock corny kegs off craigslist and the guy wants to sell me his 5# Co2 tank as well, but no regulators. I already have a 5# Co2 tank for my 3 keg freezer/kegerator setup. Has anyone ever thought man I wish I had a backup tank? If so is $40 reasonable for an empty 5# Co2 tank?

I have back-ups and like it for a few reasons. $40 is a good price especially if you don't have to hydro it. (but air gas will swap it regardless of hydro. Their gas cost a few dollars more than other companies, but it's still less than paying for hydro then filling) once it's back in hydro, swap at a cheaper place.

my portable CO2 is because I don't want to run out of gas middle of a vacation or trip or whatever, so I always bring two 20oz bottles with me.

It's also nice to have two 5, so if one goes empty, you can swap it fast. Or you can carbonate other kegs while still serving....etc.

But I like having a 20lb for carbonation 5lb for serving and my 20oz for portable.

With an extra, you can force carb what's on deck so when the current keg kicks, you can hook it right on up.

Now I'm sorry I sold my 5lb when I upgraded to a 10lb.

Back