Baby Beer Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeRatBastards

Reaction score
I am seeking help from the creative minds here at HBT. My wife and I are having our first baby and are telling my parents this weekend about her being pregnant. We got our first ultrasound this week and I am going to use that as a beer label and give it to my parents. The thing is I want to make it not completely obvious what it is, but more or less drop a lot of hints on the label without outright saying it. I want to see if they can figure it out.

In addition to having the ultrasound as a kind of background image on the label I want to name the beer something clever. For example spell out BABY using the first letter of every word in the name (Budweiser Ain't Beer Yo! is the only terrible one I have come up with thus far).

So I am coming to you all to help me out with some great ideas for this. I'll post the label when it is finished. :ban:

Best Alternative (to a) Blowjob Yet
:D

I kid, you're giving it to your parents? I'll be back with a better one.

Bright And Beautiful Youngin'

Oh, and congrats!

Edit: Bitching About Brewing Yet-again....

I'm not very good at this....

Congratulations! I hope that all goes well.

as for beer names:

Ultra
Sound

Stork Ale

Old Grandparent

College Fund Ale

New Edition Lager

Wee One

Offspring Stout (or steamer, or whatever)

Broke And Blissful Young

What type of beer are you putting it on? APA, IPA, w/e could be worked in

Ok, been thinking about it. I think it should just be called "Brand New Ale" under that, on the bottom of the label, put "Little bit of me, a whole lot of her, brewed right here in St. Louis"

The beer is an Amber Ale, nothing too fancy.

I do plan on adding something to the GOVERNMENT WARNING since it specifically mentions pregnant women.

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. You all are much better than me at this. Keep them coming! :mug:

The beer is an Amber Ale, nothing too fancy.

I do plan on adding something to the GOVERNMENT WARNING since it specifically mentions pregnant women.

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. You all are much better than me at this. Keep them coming! :mug:
Rita Rudner: I think it's ironic that there's warning labels on alcohol...if it weren't for alcohol most women wouldn't get pregnant. :D

Fermenting Baby Ale....

I would also add a born on date like budweiser with your anticipated due date.....

And like you said in the Government warning, "Caution: drinking alcohol during non-pregnancy may cause birth effects."

Congrats by the way....that is awesome!!!

Keep us posted!! I would like to see how the label turns out and definitely a good write up on how the soon to be grandparents take it and how they piece the info together....Maybe Ill have another one just to do somethiing like this...hahaha...

ok...done drinking for the day....that was a crazy thought!!!! lol

Bundle of Joy Ale
Born on Date = due date
Government warning + "so don't share with you daughter in law"

and congats

Well this is what I have so far...

SubtleHint.jpg

The bottom part of the question mark is the actual baby itself. Thanks for all the help guys! More suggestions are welcome, I still have like 36 hours to get this completed.

The reveal went really well.

I gave the bottle to my dad when we all sat down for dinner. He looked the bottle over, still puzzled, he opened it and started smelling it. He then poured it out and took a drink. He still had no idea what he was supposed to be looking for. I told him to re-read the label a little more closely this time. He went and got his glasses and sat back down at the dinner table. He then noticed the Born on Date of May 10, 2010. He smiled, looked at my mom and said "Congratulate your son and daughter-in-law, they are having a baby!". It went over really well, he plans on showing the bottle to his friends and other members of the family to see if they can figure it out.

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys!

Thats swesome!! I cant see the logo yet on the work computer, but will check it out when I get home....sounds like a brilliant idea was pulled off very well!!

A quick update to this for any curious. My wife took the label out to dinner with her sister. She Told her sister I was bottling a new beer and this was the new label for it. She first asked if the background image was fur (I usually theme my beer labels after pets I've had throughout my life), then her eyes got really big, she stopped and said "Wait, is that an ultrasound?".

Earlier this week my wife took the label with her to her hair appointment and showed it to her stylist. The stylist loved it and wants to commission me to make a label and possibly a beer for when she and her partner (lesbians) get pregnant and start telling people.

So far it has been neat to see different people's reactions to it. We are still about 4 weeks from telling the masses. I'll have to continue to use this as a way to reveal our little surprise.

a thought - on the government warning part - According to....ANGIE (insert wife's name here) should not drink alcoholic beverages...

Latest posts

Back