B-brite in ferment bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenm621844

Reaction score
Help! I was an idiot and was holding the yeast packet in the same hand as the air lock. Which I pitched the yeast, a bit of the air lock liquid (which was b-brite) dripped into the 5 gallon ferment bucket. I've since been told to just put water or vodka in the airlock, but what my question is, will it be safe to drink and even if it is, will the batch be skunky? Thanks!!!

Your stress level seems to be pretty high over this. It should be around 0.

In other words, forget about it, you'll be fine.

Being that b-brite is a chemical, I wanted to make sure it would be safe to still drink the batch. Sounds like I'm good, although a bit skeptical at this point.

I dont even know what B Brite is, but I would do my own research and not rely on a forum opinion on this matter.

I dont even know what B Brite is, but I would do my own research and not rely on a forum opinion on this matter.

It is a cleaner/sanitizer.

Here is the MSDS if you'd like to check it out: http://www.oateslaboratories.com/documents/downloads/msds/rp/b-brite.pdf

Regardless of what it was, a couple DROPS of an already diluted chemical into a 5 gallon batch of beer, he's going to be fine.

OP, in the future, use distilled water, star-san, vodka, etc.. in the airlock if you can.

Latest posts

Back