Auberin 2352 PID is coding "04CJ"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelale

Reaction score
I ran an auto-tune on my PID due to system changes. All was well. Yesterday, the PID was intermittently coding "04CJ" , only when the load indicator light was off. I called Auberins, and the tech told me it was the reset code. He suggested that there was an induction leak somewhere between my heating element, the pump, and the PID. Or it could be a power supply conditioning issue, an interference of some sort. I'm using a 24VDC transformer for input power. I only use the PID for the heating element in a RIMS tube. How do I test and remedy this? Is the controller shot?

How are you powering the PID? Is that the input power to the PID? If so - that is a problem.

Sorry, I meant the input power is 110vac from a GFCI. The 24VDC is for the pump switching side.

I've been messing with the PID this morning. I have continuity on the element. Next thing is to replace the ssr to see if maybe that is it. I also want to mention that I have ALM2 set to 170, so as to not fry the element in case the rims runs dry. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I guess I just want to check everything I can before I order a new PID. This thing has worked flawlessly for over 2 years.

Back