Auber DSPR1 Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan1979

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone built a controller with the Auber DSPR1? https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=444

I got my electrical panel upgraded last week and a circuit run to a subpanel with a GFCI. Now it's time to start working on my system.

To start, I think I'd like to brew pretty much the same way I did with a propane burner and this controller.

I'm thinking about a simple panel with the DSPR, a switch to go between the element in the HLT and the element in the BK. Maybe switches for two pumps. And a power switch.

Down the road, I might add a herms coil.

Has anyone does something similar?

Thanks.

you cant monitor your temperature with that, but yes I have one I would recommend the model up from that with a temp display and it has both boil and mash settings

At this point, I'm not that concerned about measuring temps with the device. If I'm using a temperature probe in each vessel, wouldn't a PID have to be tune to each probe?

Yes, that is the unit that I use to control my boil kettle element. There is no need for a temperature probe or readout since I can see when its boiling!

Yes, that is the unit that I use to control my boil kettle element. There is no need for a temperature probe or readout since I can see when its boiling!
With due respect, the boil acceleration function, alarm and timer of the dspr120 is well worth the effort to add in the probe. It sees when the boil starts and saves your ass if you get distracted.

Back