Auber 2362 Mounting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpyyyyy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I purchased an Auber 2362 (by mistake) and 2 Auber 2352 PIDs. The 2352's came with a collar for mounting in the 45x45 rectangular opening. The 2362 did not. It appears that it is supposed to be built into the housing but when I insert it, it doesn't stay in place. Does anybody have any familiarity with this and could help me?

Just though but why not just exchange it? for that kind of money I wouldnt want to have to rig something up to work... I went with the wrong sized pid on my original build and the fact that I had 2 different sized pid in my panel eventually drove me to replace the whole front panel and redo it... It might end up bugging you in the long run if it moves or even looks funny...

It doesn't look like this model was designed to accommodate a collar. I can't tell looking at their website either whether there should be one or not.

Lumpyyy, I have the 2362 on the old box I made for my gas setup. There were no collars with these pids, but each corner had a flexible tab that compressed and then expanded in the square opening in the box, to hold it in place. If these tabs are missing you should tell Auber and have them replace the pid with a new one, or get them to exchange it for the other model 2352 pid to match. Mine went in the box opening with no problem, you have to squeeze the tabs in the corners to remove the pid so they work fine on mine......

You can see the tabs in the picture on their website here: http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=106

Hope this helps,

John

Wondering what the OP decided to do with the 2362 controller? I bought two (on purpose, not by accident ) and am replacing two fried MYPIN TD4's on a PVC panel. Because the PVC panel cover is a bit thicker than metal, it keeps those little tabs permanently depressed, allowing it to slide in and out of the enclosure.

I probably would have put a bead of silicone sealant on the inside of the panel anyway, and that would help somewhat with retaining the PID in place, but there must be a better way.

Back