Attatching drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actech

Reaction score
What is everyone using to attach drip trays to front of keezers? I tried double sided tape (duck brand) sanded keezer in spots where tape would go. used wood L (small shelf I guess) brackets. Tape stuck to wood good but peeled loose on keezer. Tray is plastic drywall mud pan and a 4x12 fancy floor register cover.
Would 3m tape do better or?????

I think the crux of the problem may be the condenser heating up the outer skin causing the adhesive to weaken.

Does your keezer have a collar? Folks have come up with ways to hang their drip trays using drops anchored to the collar. Others have had luck using super-magnets. And still others have tempted fate and sunk a couple of screws into the keezer skin (not recommended for the faint of heart or thin of wallet ;))

Cheers!

I think the best/safest method is building a collar, i covered my fridge in wood using pl 9000 construction adhesive. Then you can screw into that to attach the tray.

Magnets geez why didnt I... Amazing how sometimes you can overthink things too much.
Rob: friction discs??

I used a couple of small wood shelf brackets from Home Depot painted white. I attached them with white 100% silicone and taped them in place until dry. After they dried, I put another fine bead of the silicone around the edges to make it all nice and clean and give it just a little more support. I attached the tray using a couple strips of velcro for easy removal and cleaning. The setup has worked great for me. You can see them in this picture.

Keezer.jpg

Back