Attaching Beer Line to Pressurized Corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxM

Reaction score
I'm new to kegging and I've looked all over for the answer to this, but no dice. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I think it should be pretty straightforward.

I have a filled corny (ball lock) that has been on CO2 in the newly built keezer for a while. My question is about attaching the beer line to hook it up to the faucet. Should I relieve the head pressure before doing so? I'm imagining a beer eruption as soon as I press down the disconnect on the post if the pressure isn't relieved; but maybe that's not the case.

Thanks in advance.

As long as the beer line isn't open on the other end (it's connected to a faucet or a tap which is in the closed position), there will be nowhere for the beer to go. You'll see some beer enter the tubing as the pressure in the tubing equalizes to the pressure in the keg, but that's it.

Agreed, I never pop the PRV on a keg just to tap it.
But as mentioned you definitely want to make sure whatever's on the other end is closed tight.
Sounds stupidly simple, right? But before I loaded return springs in my 525ss Perls there were a few times that beer came shooting out of a tower faucet while the keezer lid was wide open :eek:

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back