Ask me how I know my digi thermometer is waterproof!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
Yup. I did that. I just dropped my thermometer in the mash. So... After about three minutes of fishing it out with the longest tongs I have, still getting my hands in the mash, I got the sucker out, and it was still working!!! There it was, written on the front clear as day... WATERPROOF... :ban: Score...

lol sucks dropping stuff in your boil or mash kettle, I dropped a binder clamp thingy in my boil the other day. So much prodding and poking to get it out and never managed lol

Yea this isnt the first time I have dropped stuff. Last time I boiled a piece of PVC in an IPA for all 60 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I had never seen the Comark PDT300 thermometer. It has specs similar to the CDN and is in the same price range. I do like the top read of the CDN DTQ450X.

Waterproof
Response time better than 6 seconds
Probe tip reduced to 1.6mm
°F/°C switchable
NSF approved
BioCote® antimicrobial protection
Temperature Range: -58° to +300°F / -50° to +150°C
Field calibratable
Battery Type: LR44 1.5V Button Cell
BioCote® Antimicrobial Protection
Model #: PDT300

Know what's the best part? I got it for free from an acquaintance that works in a restaurant. The only thing I don't like is having to read from the side. Other than that I have no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back