Armadillo hops from Yakima valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after ordering these I FINALLY had the time to open these. Not only did I get an extra near ounce but they smell amazing. I ended up putting the extras into a dead ringer kit from NB along with the ounce of centennial. In not too long I'll be cold crashing and bottling. Can't wait

They definitely have a different smell to them my red is Carbing up.

Hmm not too big of a fan so far. Also didn't use nearly enough to get the whole picture. Definitely some different fruit smells and tastes from this hop. I probably should have just thrown those in a blonde ale and upped the amount by at least double.

I finally brewed with these. I made a Session IPA with Conan that under attenuated, but came out OK. I definitely taste melon/honeydew. Kind of reminds me of a watermelon jolly rancher. Interesting, but I don't know if I'd do another single hop beer with them. I have a few ounces left, so I'll have to try combining them with something else.

I finally brewed with these. I made a Session IPA with Conan that under attenuated, but came out OK. I definitely taste melon/honeydew. Kind of reminds me of a watermelon jolly rancher. Interesting, but I don't know if I'd do another single hop beer with them. I have a few ounces left, so I'll have to try combining them with something else.

I was trying to think what these would go good with...maybe be a good hop with some herbal/floral taste and smell for use in a wheat/saison possibly a kolsch? Maybe a drier beer... I have so much of them left and wasn't too impressed with how I used them before.

Back