Arkansas and Missouri Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babelfish

Reaction score
Hi im very new to the home brew talk forums and wanted to see if there were any Arkansas and Missouri brewers out there besides myself.
My local Brew Shop is called the Home Brewery in Ozark MO. I have two of the extract kits fermenting now, the Irish Stout and the Honey Brown Ale. Saw excellent reviews for the Irish Stout on Amazon but never heard anything about the Honey Brown Ale and wanted to see if anyone has ever tried it. If not but you have brewed their kits before whats your favorites?

If your not from Arkansas or Missouri and you still have a favorite that can be ordered online id love to hear about it as well.

Love these forums I have learned a a boat load that you can not get from books!
:tank:

Welcome! I'm from Arkansas, Russellville Arkansas to be exact.. Sadly a little far from Missouri

I don't brew their kits but do use the store when I'm in Springfield--I live in Fayetteville, AR. Great store and $42 sack prices on Rahr base malt.

I don't brew their kits but do use the store when I'm in Springfield--I live in Fayetteville, AR. Great store and $42 sack prices on Rahr base malt.

Cool! I have family in Fayetteville... I need to stop by the store next time I'm visiting.

Cool! I have family in Fayetteville... I need to stop by the store next time I'm visiting.
Babelfish and I were referring to the Ozark, MO store. The Fayetteville store isn't affiliated with it(even though they share the same name)

Fayetteville sack prices are ~$67+ 9.25% tax. If you stop in at the Fayetteville store, ask Bruce where the coffee is stocked and watch his color change--people come in all the time thinking it's a coffee shop.:fro:

Welcome Babelfish! If your in the Springtown area I'm up 44 East an hour and a half or so from ya. I have not used the Home Brewery yet, but recently met them at my local AHA rally a month or so back. They are great people to talk with! I have their catalog and a 10% off coupon, so I will def try them on my next order. If we do a pub run down your way I'll inbox ya and we can hit up the BrewCo and Mothers.

I've property in Benton county that i plan on returning to around the end of the year.
Welcome to HBT

Wow awesome responses, Im pumped to hear that there are others in my area on the forums. Im actually located in Harrison AR. which is not to far from the MO. border. I'm definitely interested in learning about home brew meetups and i must agree that with the positive reviews for the Ozark MO. home brew shop.
Since no one else has tried the extract kits from home brewery in Ozark I will be happy to post my thoughts after the they are ready to drink.
Keep in touch

I live in NW Arkansas also, but I live in Benton County. I'm originally from SW Missouri so I spend a lot of time in both places. You'll find a lot of VERY experienced and knowledgeable people on HBT, and many of them are from this part of the country. I have always done all-grain brewing so I won't be much help in recommending extract batches, but like I said, there are plenty of people on here that can recommend some. Once you get the hang of the process, I would definitely start getting into full mash and partial mash brewing over all extract, you will notice a lot of difference in the quality of your beer. Just my opinion. Welcome to homebrewing!

Not sure how often you get over here to Fayetteville, but there is the local brew club (FLOPS - Fayetteville Lovers of Pure Suds homebrew club) that meet every third Thursday of the month at THE HOME BREWERY in Fayetteville. We also have a social tomorrow at Fossil Cove Brewing at 3pm.

http://www.flopsclub.com/ (website seems to be having issues right now)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLOPSClub/

hope to see you there sometime soon. :rockin:

Not sure how often you get over here to Fayetteville, but there is the local brew club (FLOPS - Fayetteville Lovers of Pure Suds homebrew club) that meet every third Thursday of the month at THE HOME BREWERY in Fayetteville. We also have a social tomorrow at Fossil Cove Brewing at 3pm.

http://www.flopsclub.com/ (website seems to be having issues right now)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLOPSClub/

hope to see you there sometime soon. :rockin:

Awesome ill definitely try to make it that way sometime. I work some awkward hours so it will take some planning but i will try for sure that sounds awesome.

isn't there a monthly meeting at the "Hog Haus" microbrewery on Dickson street in Fayetteville? I coulda sworn i read that they have a homebrew club there.

Latest posts

Back