Are you lazy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to lounge, but if I had a hidden camera on me at all times, you would see I tend to stay "busy". Even on the couch with my legged propped up (recovery from knee surgery), I have my phone next to me, my Surface Tablet open either browsing or *shudder* doing work.

I think homebrewing is the perfect activity for people who like to manage processes and that (IMO) lends itself to people who like to remain busy / always keep something going in the fire.

I am,as many would put it, lazy... UNTIL I get into something.Brewing beer is a brand new endeavor which I'm enjoying to the fullest. Are the two endeavors different? I'd say, somewhat but not totally. There are parallels and a similar mindset to be sure... Some of us are DIY MINDED while others would rather simply enjoy the final product. It is what it is...

No worries,
d

I don't consider myself very DIY, but I like beer enough that I decided I wanted to learn more about it by brewing it. It's been quite rewarding and only getting better. I like music, but it's even more awesome to make your own. I play drums first and learned the guitar later (poorly I might add), and it's been awesome to make music that I like, that I want to hear. It is kind of a difficult process to track everything myself, which is why I haven't written anything in a few years, but I'm getting back into it. I still don't really call myself much of a DIY sorta person. I'd rather just get something completed so I can use it right away. Music and beer are different though.

I'm a lazy bottler. I often fill my last fermenter knowing I'll have to use my brew pot as a bottling bucket when I finally have to package. I've even been known to buy new buckets just so I can leave the bottles alone for another week or two.

Back