April 2013 New England Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bring a Box of Joe from DD if a few of you tell me you like coffee. If not, I'm still getting it, just drinking it on the way.

I'll have a cup, I got an agreement with SWMBO that the first thing I drink each day wont be a beer:ban:

Alright so we are still waiting on the truck to deliver the grain. From what I understand there was a major traffic issue on 128. So hopefully either we will get delivery late tonight or tomorrow. If it doesn't come in it will be there Monday. So we all need to make some contingencies for the worst case. One good thing is that Shawn home on Monday to receive the order. The bad thing is that the next weekend is Memeorial Day weekend and I am sure no one wants to divide the grain then. So we need to figure out a different day for pick up or wait. I understand this is a major SNAFU but we can over come it.

It hasn't come in at this point I figure we wait till 5pm today and see what happens. If it doesn't come in today I would assume Monday it will be delivered.

I know it's not ideal but I'm actually around all next weekend despite the fact that its a holiday weekend if we wanted to put together something for then

I am no good Monday-Thursday unless it is 5pm or later, thurs I am no good at all. Next weekend is all open for me.

I am available either early AM any day this week (before 630) or after 7 PM. I will be around this coming weekend.

I am around many days during the day, few evenings. I have many mornings free, and can bring my 5 year old to help sort some day if we decide on that. I'd love not to make a lot of work for Redman. I am also around next weekend and can make something happen.

No good deed goes unpunished :)

I am available next weekend for sorting, this week my job has me trekking up to the great state of Maine.

That's the hard part the send the grain in a semi truck. The 2 other times I ran the buy they showed up around 3pm.

I probably have the worst schedule here. Work M-F noon to 8:30 in Norwood. Mr. Mom from 7-11 daily in Providence. Guess all this is going to depends on Shawn's schedule and when the truck actually shows up. I'll stand back, see what you guys decide, and try to accommodate your schedule. Little worried about weather for Monday

They shrink-wrap it and it is going into Shawn's garage so the grain shouldn't get wet. They sent a short truck so the driver should be able to get right up to the garage.

I'm off work from now until wed. night. And no obligations. I am, however, three hours away so I can be in Taunton four hours after I get the message and can spend as long as it takes.
And next weekend would be really tough.

mvcorliss said:
I'm off work from now until wed. night. And no obligations. I am, however, three hours away so I can be in Taunton four hours after I get the message and can spend as long as it takes.
And next weekend would be really tough.

Me again. If you know for sure it will show up "sometime" on Monday, I can head that way in the morning and be available when it gets there.

Michael

One thing we can do is I am going to be around next weekend. So if someone is a hard no for being able to pick up during the week I can store the grain in Newton

I am thinking it will show up around 3 or 4 pm. Not 100% store of that. And there is call for rain Monday so if it works for Red man how would Tues or weds work for people? Tuesday looks to be the best day weather wise.

crazyirishman34 said:
I am thinking it will show up around 3 or 4 pm. Not 100% store of that. And there is call for rain Monday so if it works for Red man how would Tues or weds work for people? Tuesday looks to be the best day weather wise.

I'm pretty much out for most days during the week aside from Mondays.

I a, sure we can sort something out. If someone with a truck can bring some of the grain to my house people that need weekend pickup can come to my house

I have a full size truck and can meet up one night this week to load and disburse. I'm in NH too if anyone needs me to pick up and get it closer to home. I can't do this weekend, but I can do pretty much any night this week to pitch in...

Thanks again for the grain buy logistics too. Stuff happens, we'll get everything sorted out...

Glad I did a forum check before bed! I will not be around Monday or next weekend. I live in Boston, so hopefully close enough to somebody to be able to grab it without being a burden. I feel bad I am not able to help sort though. I will obviously be very grateful to anyone who can help me out.

Edit: If it ends up being Tuesday, I can try to arrange a way to help out.

Bummer. I work second shift and next weekend is tough for me. @golfduke... any chance you could grab two sacks of mine and I can meet you one day late morning?

I have a station wagon and am only picking up 2 bags for myself. If someone can't make it whenever we decide the pickup is, I can grab their grain and hang onto it until they can make it here. I'm in Braintree.

tellyho said:
I have a station wagon and am only picking up 2 bags for myself. If someone can't make it whenever we decide the pickup is, I can grab their grain and hang onto it until they can make it here. I'm in Braintree.

That would be amazing as I go from Boston to the south shore frequently. Live in Boston now, but storing grain in the house I'm moving to in September in the south shore. If I end up not being able to make it whenever we decide, I will absolutely take you up on this with some beers as rent.

Me again. If you know for sure it will show up "sometime" on Monday, I can head that way in the morning and be available when it gets there.

Michael

You wouldn't happen to be the electrician I see around time all time would you ?

I am available Monday and Tuesday for sorting. I don't need much notice since I am bout 15 minutes away.

Latest posts

Back